Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repetier-host mac shut down during print

Posted by touchthescreen12 
repetier-host mac shut down during print
August 01, 2014 05:24PM
my repetier-host for mac is shutting down during print. not even during the first 5 minutes.

any ideas, i have an old mac mini 2007 version 10.6.6
Re: repetier-host mac shut down during print
August 02, 2014 04:05AM
Do you mean shutting down like reboot or more like energy saving? Currently the host does not prevent macs from going into energy save mode which would stop of course the print. Next update should prevent this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 08, 2014 08:20PM
Either way, you can solve this with an SD card interface. That takes the computer out of the loop during the actual print while still letting you make adjustments on the SD card interface settings while it prints. Many people like them, and I am looking again at getting one. I have no clue on why the Host would shut down though.
Just a thought-
November 24, 2014 06:32PM
Repetier - Host Mac quits on me frequently part way through a print job. I then need to restart Repetier and slice the object. Now I always print using what I stumbled on with the SDCard interface. Funny thing is I have an SDCard plugged into my Mac, but I don't think it matters. I found that using the SD card button in Repetier will send the print out to the printer without a quit during printing. that is, As soon as I attempt an upload of the GCode to the card, my printer starts a print cycle and finishes the job without interruption, but never actually uploads the Gcode file to the card. This is even after several hours following completion of the print. It is okay for a work around, but is there more instructions for this feature somewhere? I don't see how to actually save my G-code to an SD Card through Repetier. All. Other SD features are disabled until I quit Repetier and relaunch. Would someone direct me to a user manual for the SD card tool, assuming it exists?

Mac mini OS 10.6. something
Mamba3d printer
November 25, 2014 09:29AM
Never mind. I think there may be a solution for my issue is this link:

[help.printrbot.com]

I will check it out tonight, but I suspect that the slot that I need to put the card in is on the printer itself and not on the Mac mini computer that I was trying to do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login