Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printersettings z max size has changed behaveour in RH

Posted by justcurious 
Printersettings z max size has changed behaveour in RH
October 05, 2014 07:09PM
In earlier releases i think that z max size (printer height) in printer settings was overruling settings in firmware so if you changed printer settings you could trim printer z max height from RH. Is that wrong remembered?.
At least it does not seem to work in that way anymore.
if i change z-max size I have to upload new firmware settings. Printer settings editing does show up in control pane when homingl, but size used is the one from Firmware as least as I have experienced.
This was experienced with RH 1.05 and marlin FW. W7/X64.
Re: Printersettings z max size has changed behaveour in RH
October 08, 2014 02:34AM
No, the host settings are never copied to the firmware. It is only for viewing build volume. Firmware limits are what really matters for printing, so it is of course a good idea to set host dimensions to the same values as firmware.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 08, 2014 05:23AM
ok thanks.
I may wonder how you are synchronizing with FW as RH axes display the settings from printersettings when you are jogging from zmax to 0 or vice versa, but fw may do it with different values so your carriage may not be where you think it is or?
October 08, 2014 05:36AM
Yes, that can be a different coordinate. Repetier-Firmware sends new coordinate after homing so host can update to that. But without feedback or in job mode it assumes compute dposition from known dimensions.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login