Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host and DUE Board

Posted by dougal1957 
Repetier Host and DUE Board
October 15, 2014 04:18AM
I have just purchased a Due board managed to upload Repetier v0.92 Firmware to it using the Programming port. However I can't get it to talk to Repetier host (Either 0.95 or 1.05) I have set the reset to Due Native USB. The board appears to connect but I get 1 command waiting and this number then increments each time I try and send any characters from the G-Code entry box.

Is there any way of testing the board to see if it is a problem with the board or if it is with my setup ( I have noticed that the driver for the Native port seems to vary between a bossa usb port and a Arduino native usb seemingly at will depending what it picks up at the time which is why I suspect the board may be faulty especially has it had a little solder splash across the front of the USB socket but it didn't extend into the socket).

Any advise welcome.

Doug

Now sorted updated to latest Arduino (V1.5.8) re compiled and uploaded firmware then connected to Rep-Host using the PROGRAMMING Port and it now connects and talks correctly and can read the EEPROM Data from the radds board so happy days!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 05:41AM by dougal1957.
Re: Repetier Host and DUE Board
October 15, 2014 09:16AM
Only for completeness - default is that the firmware uses the programming port and there you can use the normal reset on connect. Only if you modify firmware to use native port instead you need to select "Due Native USB".

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 15, 2014 09:20AM
Repetier Thankyou for that I do have another Question re the RADDS board though in that it has 5 thermistor ports and your Firmware configuration tool only goes to 4 (ie T0-T3) is there any chance of adding T4 ?

Doug
October 15, 2014 12:00PM
Ok, updated config tool to include T4.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
October 15, 2014 12:03PM
repetier
Ok, updated config tool to include T4.

Thank you so much kind sirsmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login