Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier 1.06 skeinforge install error

Posted by nb99 
Repetier 1.06 skeinforge install error
November 30, 2014 09:27PM
Just installed repetier host 1.06 on a a 64 bit Win 8.1 PC - new PC, first install of repetier on this machine
Selected to include skeinforge, and it stopped with an error "cannot create file skeinforgeall.zip" ??
I had to back out, and re-install w/o skeinforge.. it did that without hiccup. ( I tried "Run as admin" on the installer - no better)

That would be a really useful facility for a quick install on a new PC ..

A touch of irony - having used repetier for a year or two, when it popped up a request for a donation before downloading, I though Fair Enough & did so.
Then it fell over sad smiley

nb99
Re: Repetier 1.06 skeinforge install error
December 01, 2014 03:55AM
I just tested it on Win 8.1 myself to see if windows 8 has some new problems with permissions, but it worked for me.

The way it works it as follows:
1. It downloads SkeinforgeAll.zip to Program Files/Repetier-Host. Size 30920kB
2. Install of host as usual
3. Unpack zip where it is. You see a new window pop up where it extracts the files.

So, since I can not create the error, please can you say at which step it fails.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 01, 2014 06:45AM
I have just done a re-install with skeinforge selected in order to get a screenshot, but it would appear that the error only occurred on a virgin PC - i.e. this time it went through the skeinforge install OK..

The first time earlier this evening, (several tries actually), it started the download phase for the install files, but failed with the "cannot create file skeinforgeall.zip" error, and the only option was to retry (still failed) or cancel the install. Only by deselecting skeinforge was I able to get repetier installed - and at that time I didn't think to try running the installer yet again.. Slic3r was fine for what I needed to do this evening on my robomower project.
So my installation is OK now - it will be interesting to see if any other first time install runs into the issue..

nb
December 02, 2014 03:14AM
Ok, so it failed downloading the zip for some reason. Maybe it was just bad luck and there was a internet problem when you tried. Hard to say. And it is a function of the installer software, so it is even harder to debug.

Anyhow, if others have the same problem, please let me know. Eventually I would then create a separate skeinforge installer for download instead.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
December 10, 2014 10:35AM
Hi all,
I'm using Win 7 Professional - 64-bit, I had the same problem, and tried several times without success, then I realized the problem was not the internet connection. It's simply the file (SkeinforgeAll.zip) can't be created in the required location due to security and permissions reasons. so, what I did is:
1. Created the required folder (C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host) manually.
2. Copied any zip file into that folder (it was about 7 MB. by the way).
3. Renamed the copied zip file to (SkeinforgeAll.zip).
4. Restarted the setup process again.

AND ... It worked !!

While the setup process was starting, I noticed that the size of the copied zip file (7+ MB.) became zero, then when the download finished, it reached about 30 MB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2014 10:37AM by Deebwebs.
Attachments:
open | download - SkeinforgeAll.zip-Not_Created.gif (17.9 KB)
December 11, 2014 03:41AM
Ok, I found the reason whcih explains all problems. Deebwebs nearly got it! Download occurs before installation which means the Repetier-Host folder where the zip should be copied does not exist at that moment.
For this reason it works after the first install without skeinforge. Now I have to see how to work around this problem, now that the reason is clear.

December 12, 2014 11:44AM
Ok, just updates 1.0.6 installer which should now also work on virgin systems with skeinforge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login