Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone help me with a Repetier-Host question/problem?

Posted by FLY-FAST 
Can anyone help me with a Repetier-Host question/problem?
January 12, 2015 12:08AM
Hi everyone,

Let me preface all of this by saying THANKS FOR HELPING.

OK, so, I built myself a RepRap Prusa i3 from a kit I purchased on eBay. I just finished calibrating the unit and had my first print come out great!

I am using Repetier software to control the printer. I noticed that when I connect to the printer and load an STL file, sometimes it says (under manual tab): 'Print Job Finished'. It's not happening all the time, but, it is most annoying. Even if I import a completely different STL file, I get the same message. I don't have a workaround to solve this problem. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try?

Another question, after I import an STL file and tab through to 'Manual Control', the picture on the item disappears from the window on the left. It is just blank. Any clue as to why this is?

Many thanks!
Re: Can anyone help me with a Repetier-Host question/problem?
January 12, 2015 09:47PM
anyone?
January 13, 2015 06:02AM
Make sure you have generated or laoded g-code or you have nothing to print.

Preview tab will show what printer will do. Manual tab shows what printer has done so far, so it ok to be empty at the beginning. Can also be empty if you have disabled filament visualization at the top.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 13, 2015 03:19PM
the computer I use to run the printer is rather old and I get an error about the OpenGL not being current enough and it does the same thing.

When it says Print Job finished does it prevent it from doing another job? On the times when it does not, is it when you've closed Repetier and reopened it?
April 22, 2015 02:30AM
First you load your .stl file, and then you use a slicer to create the gcode. CuraEngine is installed by default, so choose that one to get started.
[www.repetier.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login