Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

<Slic3r> Invalid extrusion width (too large)?

Posted by Gyvven 
<Slic3r> Invalid extrusion width (too large)?
January 24, 2015 11:04PM
A couple of things happened today;

I had to mount new extruder gears and I got an update from Repetier that overwrote my previous settings for Slic3r (kicking myself for updating what was working perfectly). I was able to print a couple of test cubes, but when I went in to adjust the settings to what I was running before, IIRC, the slice would error out with " Invalid extrusion width (too large)".

Another anomaly I noticed was that occasionally my Y-axis would go to one end or the other in the middle of a print, and then go back, like a mini-vacation. Baffling.

Maybe I need to find a way to go back to my previous Slic3r version? Did anyone else have similar problems with the update?
Re: <Slic3r> Invalid extrusion width (too large)?
January 25, 2015 05:07AM
The normal repetier version does not contain slic3r profiles, so nothing gets overwritten. Only custom versions come with predefined profiles and there you have a checkbox if you want to overwrite or not.

Max. extrusion width is 1.7 * nozzle diameter as fas as I know. Check if the default width gets overwritten by something or nozzle with is set wrong.

Y- Move - never seen, no idea.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 25, 2015 07:23AM
Found it. I had adjusted the First Layer Width and forgot to put the % back in. That still doesn't explain why it occasionally goes to Y-axis max or min.

I don't recall seeing a checkbox during the update that allows me to keep my old settings. I have another computer with my old settings, I'll try and bring those over.
March 09, 2021 04:06PM
Hey, u must after entering width extrude after ur NUM put (%) ... .thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login