Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G32 - what happens

Posted by ralfsteck 
G32 - what happens
March 08, 2015 05:14PM
Hi all,

what should happen when I issue G32 S1?

I home my Mendel90 before I issue G32 S1 via Rep. Host. The Printer goes down with the normal fast speed, tests the 3 points I defined, then goes up slow and homes Z. Then it goes down again slowly and stops. LCD and Host say it'a at Z=23. When I issue a G1 Z0 then the hotend crashes into the bed - it obviously wasn't 23 but about 20mm high.

Gruß, Ralf

Mendel 90 breit, hoch, 24V

Meine Erfahrungen im EngineeringSpot-Blog: EngineeringSpot
Re: G32 - what happens
March 08, 2015 07:59PM
I have never used BAL on Marlin but whatever firmware you use you need to tell it the exact Z offset between the probe trip point and the nozzle. Seems like yours is 3mm out.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 09, 2015 03:02AM
Hi Chris,

I did that, 4mm - or has that to be a negative value?

I use Repetier, not Marlin.

Gruß, Ralf

March 09, 2015 04:09AM
4mm-3mm error = 1mm still positive, also negative values are possible and even necessary for some force based sensors or bending extruders on a hinge..

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 09, 2015 05:24AM
I have a capacitive sensor so positive should be ok.

Forgot to home machine before G32 this morning and the printhead started running frantically to Xmax and Zmin until the lead screws went out of the X ends (natural bed protection of Mendel90 printers). Have to calibrate the X Carriage now first. But before that I have to earn some money :-)

Gruß, Ralf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login