Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel90 + Mac + Repetier - 5 Commands Waiting

Posted by supitsjoecondol 
Mendel90 + Mac + Repetier - 5 Commands Waiting
May 25, 2015 02:37PM
Hello,

I recently got my mendel90 set up and successfully test printed. I was using pronterface on an old PC I had and i successfully exectured the test print. However when I went to try and print an stl file i found off thingiverse the object was very offset and started air printing on the back right corner. I started becoming impatient with the slowness of the okd pc and began trying to connect and configure my mac with repetier host to control the printer. i have already:
1) downloaded the driver
2) began setting up repetier
3) connected the printer

but when i try and run it the printer the blue printer command line says 5 commands waiting, and when i do anything the waiting commands just keep adding up.
I believe i have it set to 250000 baud rate and i have tried messing around with the baut rate and still no luck. Hopefully yoh can help me with this issue! Let me know if you need anymore information about my situation/issue.
Re: Mendel90 + Mac + Repetier - 5 Commands Waiting
May 26, 2015 11:33AM
What you described means the mac connected to a serial driver but does not get the right response e.g. because baud rate is wrong or driver does not support baud rate or wrong serial port (should disappear if you disconnect printer).

If your board has a FTDI driver you might need to install the ftdi driver, for all other no driver is required as far as I know. You could also try a direct connection with collterm and see if you can read responses when you hit reset on printer. With right baud rate some text appears at connection.

Alternatively use www.repetier-server.com on your old pc to print and do slicing on mac. Server allows access from everywhere in your local network.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login