How to run fans with rumba board?
June 07, 2015 05:15AM
Hello. After day of experements I surrender.

[reprap.org]

How to run fan0/1 by m106 m42 with repetier 0.91 firmware?

I know fan0 pin7 fan1 pin8

In firmware web setup I checked [www.repetier.com]

Temperature - extruder
Extruder cooler pin fan pin/ fan pin 2 digital pin7 digital pin8 but nothing happens when I type in RepetierHost/pronterface that m codes.

I tried in section features to choose some pins without success.

How to solve this problem?
Re: How to run fans with rumba board?
June 07, 2015 06:47AM
You can only control one fan with M106 and that is FAN_PIN if the feature is enabled.

The extruder cooler fan pin is for cooling the extruder it self and gets controlled by the temperature manager automatically. As soon as the temperature or set temperature is higher then he threshold that fan will go on.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 09, 2015 02:01AM
fan_pin enabled in features. Fan doesn't work. Hotend exceed 50C (Enable extruder cooler at 50C) What to do?

Pls check my files.

My configuration 0.91
June 16, 2015 02:42PM
Any ideas, guys?
June 17, 2015 03:23AM
If it for cooling the hotend itself use the extruder cooler pin in the extruder definition. FAN_PIN is only used for M106/M107.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 04, 2015 02:00AM
I too would like to know how to run the second fan on a RUMBA board.

There are 2 headers on the board, FAN_0 and FAN_1

FAN_0 is the job fan, controllable by M106 Sxxx or M107 (to turn off).

Looking at my repetier pins.h setup I see these two lines:

#define ORIG_FAN_PIN 7
#define ORIG_FAN2_PIN 8

And, on other sites, I've seen people trigger pins with the following command:

M42 P8 S255

This sets pin 8 high - enabling the fan, I would have thought.

But the fan never switches on, anyone have a second fan they are able to control and shed some light on this issue??

Pin 8 is NOT in the list of 'sensitive pins' in the repetier firmware setup
July 04, 2015 02:56AM
What does the log say. I checked the code and if it does not set the pin you get always a error message.

There is one command in M42 that could make trouble

analogWrite(pin_number, com->S);

This could activate PWM with a used timer. So you might remove it so that only the digital write stays. (Commands.cpp line 1470 in latest 0.92.3)

I also think it is not in sensitive pins.

July 04, 2015 01:53PM
Just found a possible issue with M42. Fixed this in 0.92.3 and hope it helps.

July 04, 2015 08:18PM
Oh! Legend! :-)

Thanks for the super-fast response AND fix - so I should just download a copy of the entire new firmware 92.3 and give it a try?
July 05, 2015 02:14AM
Exactly. In the other thread for a due with similar problem the fix alraedy worked.

August 15, 2015 09:31PM
Hi Repetier,

I have been using M42 to trigger a relay, I notice it seems that the M42 gets executed as soon as it is recieved, where movement commands get inserted into a buffer and executed in order.

What I am trying to do is write a simple program to do the following:

move in x
move down in z
activate relay (M42)
deactivate relay (M42)
move up in z

and repeat, it's for a simple pick-and-place project I'm working on.

The issue is that the M42 commands happen immediately because the machine executes them ahead of the buffered x and z movement commands.

The workaround is to insert a G4 P0 to clear the buffer before the M42 commands, but ideally they would also be buffered and executed in order. This also made me realise that fan control works in the same way - the fan will turn on as soon as the command is received, sometimes on the previous layer to which it was programmed to turn on. It's not a big issue, and it works for most printing applications, but I'd love to see it execute in a linear fashion - it would be easier to work with :-)

This thread, I understand, is not the place for further discussion - so if you would like me to add this to an issues list or something a link would be great. I have a lot of experience with CNC controls and G code, although I can't code windows apps to save my life, I'd love to contribute to Repetier where I can.
August 18, 2015 03:56PM
It seems my problem was in hardware-side, unpinned jumpers for fans.
August 19, 2015 02:06AM
At least for fan and maybe one pin used for e.g. a spindle command I'd like to add it. That is not that easy since it also has to work without moves and it needs extra storage which I'd normally like to prevent. So I guess in the end I will end up with a selector for exact match or less memory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login