Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed and head temperature issues

Posted by L.woinson95 
Bed and head temperature issues
July 02, 2015 12:23PM
Hi

When I go to warm up my Bed and nozzle on my Da vinci running 0.91 and an E3D head it just ready DEF

Anyone know how to solve this??

Thanks!!

Liam W
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_3839.JPG (38.9 KB)
Re: Bed and head temperature issues
July 03, 2015 01:07PM
This means that converted temperature is out of normal range and firmware assumes it has a short or is broken/not connected.

If this is new you might check cables. If it is from the beginning, check your sensor types. Wrong types might result in wrong readings as well. The host log should also give some hints. In 0.92 it is more detailed and you see which sensor is defect, 0.91 has only one flag for all.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 03, 2015 01:12PM
So I should try putting the latest version of repetier on to see if I can solve it or should I just check the wires first??
July 03, 2015 01:51PM
First check log, then check wires and if you find nothing or want the new features update firmware for more informations.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 03, 2015 02:47PM
How do I access the log? I normally print off line off SD card. Abit new to repetier
July 04, 2015 02:40AM
Install Repetier-Host and connect with cable setting right baud rate. Host has a log option (easy mode off)

July 05, 2015 02:45PM
It seems to be the sensor.

Have installed a new one and when you connect it it says 359 then def points on both of the temps.

when its unplugged the temps read

dont know what to do
July 06, 2015 03:22AM
Assuming the sensor it self is ok, 359 would indikate the wrong sensor type.It might be a thermocouple or a thermistor. Both have very different characteristics, so you have probably set the wrong type.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login