Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repertier Host v1.5.3 no numbers on dials

Posted by scubi 
Repertier Host v1.5.3 no numbers on dials
July 23, 2015 03:17PM
Hi
When something is printing, the numbers on the z axis is not available when you move your curse over the dial. In the past could click on 0.01 mm to move my hotend up etc.
I have it set in expert mode and still nothing on the dials.

Thanks
Re: Repertier Host v1.5.3 no numbers on dials
July 24, 2015 07:43AM
when printing, the function (moving x,y,z) i think should be disabled unless you press paul first. Otherwise, if you mistakenly press any button, your printer stops. That would be tragic. Of course, this is only my idea.
July 24, 2015 08:18AM
Hi Frank
That most defiantly makes sense. Do you know from PC how I can raise my z axis a small amount say 0.01 mm if I see it printing to low or is that not best practice.

Thanks
July 24, 2015 08:35AM
I don't know how to raise Z after pause. I used to make mistake like this:
I raised Z when printing, then my printer print at a extradionarily snail crawling speed, which is of course wrong. I have to restart it.
Why not raise it before printing?
You can use auto bed leveling (if you have) to make sure your print is on the same level. After print, you do not need to raise it at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 08:36AM by frankleng.
July 24, 2015 10:44PM
I found that no matter what you do during pause it resumes exactly where it left off. Had to actually turn Z screws to raise hotend abit.
August 06, 2015 05:56AM
If you have a lcd display you can use a feature called "baby steps" to move z without changing official position.

If you do in pause you need to use G92 to trick it. Assuming you are at 0.2 and do pause you could do G92 Z0.1 to say 0.2 is 0.2 so the next move to Z=0.2 will be 0.3 in reality.

Best solution is of course to calibrate printer correctly.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login