Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with 0.92.4 Firmware and watchdog

Posted by Gurgi 
Problem with 0.92.4 Firmware and watchdog
September 05, 2015 09:57AM
I have a big problem with repetier Firmware and enabling watchdog on a arduino Due (Saint) board. I can generate the Firmware from the online configurator (V 0.92.4) and compile it without erros with the Arduino IDE V1.65 R5 ( also with version 1.66 Daily) . All works fine. But if i try to activate the watchdog, i got big problems. With the Repetier firmware there was an extra folder wit a readme.txt an some special files. I exactly do what the readme say, add the arduino_Repetier entrys to boards .txt and the special files for watchdog goes to the path structure as described.
Then i choose Arduino Due Repetier as board and want to compile and upload it to the usb connected board and get a Java error, but this only happens if there was a usb connection with the arduino. If the board not connected, i can compile the sketch without an error.

My system was Windows 8.1 64Bit, Arduino IDE V 1.65r5 ( also tried V 1.65r2 and V1.66 ) Repetier Firmware V0.92.4. I try a search in the Forum and with google, but can not find a solution. Is somewhere able to bring this configuration to work ? I have no idea what can goes wrong. Was it easier to use Linux for programming ?
Thanks for any helping hint. I really need help.

Gurgi ( with a SparkCube without watchdog feature :-( )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 09:59AM by Gurgi.
Re: Problem with 0.92.4 Firmware and watchdog
September 05, 2015 01:35PM
Ok, I downloaded 1.6.5 and got the same problem.

Investigation showed that the boards.txt had an error in VID and PID definition, which was ignored in older Arduino IDEs. I have updated firmware along with some minor changes in watchdog handling without that problem. Please replace boards.txt with new version.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 06, 2015 04:44PM
Wow, nice to hear that it was not a mistake from me...

I can the Watchdog feature compile with the older version if IDE. V1.64 works.. yipee smiling bouncing smiley...
But very nice to hear that i can use IDE V1.65 now thumbs up

Many thanks for the great support and super fast problem fixing.

If i have IDE 1.65 with Watchdog working, i give a short feed back...

kind regards

Gurgi
September 06, 2015 05:15PM
Have testet the Daily IDE (V1.66) . It works fine now. Realy great grinning smiley
Now i can optimize my Printer (Sparkcube V1.1) .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login