Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r not dual extruding properly in 1.5.6 ?

Posted by Jomo 
Slic3r not dual extruding properly in 1.5.6 ?
September 18, 2015 08:43PM
Hello I just installed Host 1.5.6 over my previous version 1.5.4
I sliced with Slic3r v 1.2.9 setting extruder 1 for perimeter and extruder 2 for infill and unfortunately it did not render properly nor did it change extruders.

If I slice (Stand alone) with Slic3r and manually import the gcode, it does render and print properly. I double checked that I had the correct Print and Printer settings in Host and also confirmed it sliced properly in 1.5.4. Any one else seeing this or do I have a weird configuration problem.

Thanks
Re: Slic3r not dual extruding properly in 1.5.6 ?
September 21, 2015 03:03AM
This is related to a bug fixed in 1.5.6. Before the host did not send selected extruder id as selected in object placement correctly. Therefore slic3r used it's defaults. Now these extruder settings get send correctly and slic3r uses the selected extruder for the object. This overrides default settings.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 15, 2016 01:13AM
sorry, double post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 02:40AM by val c..
March 15, 2016 02:39AM
repetier
This is related to a bug fixed in 1.5.6. Before the host did not send selected extruder id as selected in object placement correctly. Therefore slic3r used it's defaults. Now these extruder settings get send correctly and slic3r uses the selected extruder for the object. This overrides default settings.

i have a similar problem, i have two extruders hooked up to my smoothieboard, but repetier host only shows one extruder and its temperature.
i checked and checked my config file on the smoothie and repetier, but the guys at smoothie say it's because of repetier.
any chance to fix this bug?
my version is 1.6.1
i really like repetier.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 02:41AM by val c..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login