Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My printer scale is completely off and its preventing me from printing.

Posted by Rznhellen 
My printer scale is completely off and its preventing me from printing.
April 08, 2016 08:45PM
First of all I have a Kossel K800 printer that I got from a kit on ebay and I have a very limited knowledge of 3d printers. My problem is that my printer has all of it's units scaled up tenfold. When I'm using the RepRap LCD and I calibrate the z axis, instead of moving 1mm at a time, it moves about 20mm instead and it thinks it only moved 1 mm. This causes an overwrite from the firmware (Repetier v0.92), which I had previously set the height of the printer to around 300mm, and instead my printer says it has a height of 22.6mm. This prevents me from printing anything because my X and Y axis are also scaled up like this. I've already tried editing the resolution of the steppers. At one point I had the resolution at 10000 steps/mm and another I had the resolution at 6 steps/mm. Editing the resolution of the motors didn't do anything to the printer. I would try Marlin however I have my Z-Stepper motor connected to the E1 pin and I'm not sure how to configure this in Marlin.
Re: My printer scale is completely off and its preventing me from printing.
May 16, 2016 02:53PM
your steps are probably incorrect in firmware what belt and pulley configuration? and if you have eeprom you will have to save to eeprom to on lcd, could you do me a favour and measure one of your arms middle of the ball to the other end please as im building a version of the k800 too. is it a linear rail version or a roller one it wont matter ill be able make out the calculation for the type im building

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: My printer scale is completely off and its preventing me from printing.
May 16, 2016 04:17PM
[www.youtube.com]

P3steel DXL, with Due/RADDS/Raps128 dual Wade's extruder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login