Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier and the Z axis

Posted by Templar66 
Repetier and the Z axis
May 12, 2016 09:57PM
Hi

I have posted in another area about this but thought it may be more suitable here.

I have just been setting up my 3d stuffmaker mega prusa i3 and the problem I have is I have calibrated it so when I send the axis to home the extruder moves back to the far right corner and sits a fraction of a mm off the bed as it should.

When I try to print, the z axis wants go deeper and hits the bed and I have to kill the print.

I can only assume its the software that is doing this, and others have suggested its the offsets in slic3r doing it.

The main problem is I have no idea where to look for the offsets and how to change them.

If any one can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

Ian
Re: Repetier and the Z axis
June 01, 2016 10:23PM
You can see what z offset slic3r is using in the slic3r configuration.

Alternatively, it could be in the repetier firmware depending what you have for Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET, as I noticed this appears to make the Z axis move down for a given length after the Z endstop is triggered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2016 10:26PM by PDBeal.
Re: Repetier and the Z axis
June 01, 2016 10:47PM
Hi

Sorry, we worked this problem out. It was definitely the z offset you have defined here. I had to change mine to 3.8 to get it to work right.

Since then I have had to swap to cura due to other printing issues, and the problem hasn't been there.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login