Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder heater seems to turn off after printing starts

Posted by bartlee45 
Extruder heater seems to turn off after printing starts
November 27, 2016 09:49PM
I get the Error message after the heater has been turned off
19:53:43.785 : DebugLevel:14
19:53:43.797 : Error:One heater seems decoupled from thermistor - disabling all for safety!
19:53:43.798 : Error:Temp. raised to slow. Rise = -12.58 after 13079 ms
19:53:43.802 : Disabling all heaters due to detected sensor defect.
19:53:43.805 : DebugLevel:14

If I manually set the temperature it is stable and stays there for a long time
As soon as I start to print after coming up to temperature or having had the temperature stable and started to print, the heater gets turned off somehow and I get the message above about 13 seconds later according to the Temperature Curve and the time line and the log message

I have attached an image for the case where it came up to temperature but the same thing happens if it were at temperature a long time (lets say 10 minutes or more).

I also tried moving the extruder with the manual controls while it was at temperature and did not see this problem.

I know the detection code is not causing the problem, only detecting it after the case.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - TempTurnedOff.PNG (16.6 KB)
RFZ
Re: Extruder heater seems to turn off after printing starts
December 04, 2016 09:03AM
Edit: Sorry, since the decoupling message appears 13s AFTER yout hotend switched off, this might not be the issue... The decoupling test works fine in this case. Stupid me...

Did you check if the hotend really gets switched off by the firmware (should be visible in RepetierHost) or if RepetierHost thinks it is still powered but is not heating anymore? You could enable "output extruder" in the graph to make this visible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2016 09:13AM by RFZ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login