Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proximity Sensor for Z End Stop

Posted by Flyer2 
Proximity Sensor for Z End Stop
March 07, 2017 06:35PM
I have a Rambo that I'm changing end stops on. Right now I have a mechanical y stop, opto x and I'm trying to set up a LJ12A3-4-Z/BY orange tip proximity sensor for Z min. X and Y work fine. When I try homing the Z axis the probe triggers and the printer completely stops. I can't move any axis in any direction. Also, when the Z triggers I can't get it to retract 2mm and do a final homing. I run the M119 code and it's in L state, than trip it and it goes to H state. I've changed the pullup setting, inversed it and tried everything else I can think of. Also chose electronic end stop NO.
It's wired as brown=+, blue=- and black=signal. I'm taking 12v off the psu and am just running the black signal wire to the Z min connection. I ordered a blue tip sensor as well and wired it with 10k and 15k resistors and still have the same issues.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 07:53PM by Flyer2.
Re: Proximity Sensor for Z End Stop
March 08, 2017 12:49PM

connect the probe as in the image.
With a PNP NO probe you will need to dissable the controller Z pullup resistor
March 09, 2017 05:23PM
Thank you for the suggestions.
I believe the schematic you show is for the blue tip BX sensor. Although I have one that is wired as you show it affects my printer more than the orange tip. It makes the Z axis move in the wrong direction and won't home at all. Again, I've changed the pullup settings (enable/disable), Z axis direction, etc and nothing works.
I come closer to having the Z stop work with the orange tip BY sensor. Like I stated, I've changed pullup settings, inversed the probe, done everything I can think of. Enabling the Z probe is just for tramming, right? Although that is my ultimate goal I want to get it functioning as a simple end stop first.
Any other ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 11:13AM by Flyer2.
March 20, 2017 03:26PM
If anyone else is having a similar issue the solution for me was to add a L7805 voltage regulator to the probe. I've only seen it required for the blue tip BX sensor but it took care of my problem with the orange BY sensor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login