Layer detection
June 06, 2017 01:53PM
My repetier host excactly knows which layer is printed. It says so at the bottom : Layer n / nn

However, when I look into the Gcode, I can see z-axis positioning but that is not the same as layer hight.
My Gcode inserts a lot of extruder raises while travelling, so a number of absolute Z-positioning are not the same as the layer hight it is printing.

What should I do to insert custom Gcode at the place of the intended layer I want it in ?
Finding the first z-hight is not correct, I have found out .....

advice is appreciated.

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Layer detection
June 18, 2017 03:38PM
Nobody ?

I am in desparate need for detecting the layer number in the Gcode.

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
June 19, 2017 07:33AM
slice with cura engine from repetier host it adds a layer label in the gcode
June 19, 2017 11:36AM
Does it indeed ?
Tha could be an option.
I have no experience with Cura, so I will look at it, if my other Slic3r functions are present.....

Thnks.

June 19, 2017 01:22PM
This post can help you:
[forums.reprap.org]
June 20, 2017 12:42AM
VincentM
This post can help you:
[forums.reprap.org]

Yes, this is helpfull. Thanks a lot.

June 22, 2017 03:31PM
I tried this M117 insert and counted the generated M117's and inserted the Pause including a X home for drooping... !

It worked perectly

Great, thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login