I'm having a problem getting stepper motors 1 &2 to eject the proper amount of filament.
November 08, 2017 04:43AM
I am using Repetier Host V2.0.5 along with Marlin RC8 on a Rumba board.

#1 Extruder steppers 1 & 2 always eject the same amount of filament even though I do change the
Default_Axis_Steps_Per_Unit to a new calculated value. I do this by re-compiling and uploading the firmware.

#2 If I try to change the EEprom vial Repetier-Host, I get an "Invalid Extruder" error message. So the only
way to change the settings is to re-compile followed by M502, M500 commands to store the new settings.

My process is this: After connecting to the printer; I first send the #1 Script file, then I send a M302 P1 for
cold extrusion. Then I can move any tool either by it's self or in combination. My list file is slightly different
than the one by Reprap but I don't see that making and difference. I have moved Red, Green and Yellow
to tools 0, 1, 2. This was done because that is what I happen to have on hand right now. I setup my first
test print as 20 x20 x1 mm pads of R, G, Y. (stacked)

When I try to update the stepper settings Default_Axis_Steps_Per_Unit in Repiter-Host for tools 1 or 2,
it gives me an Invalid Extruder error and stores the change in tool T0 for some reasion.

Also I did a "dry run" so at least in theory my test part works, but of course no filament was actually extruded.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login