Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP needed: Final assembly of 3D printers for classroom

Posted by salpass 
HELP needed: Final assembly of 3D printers for classroom
September 15, 2015 08:57AM
Hi.

I am a middle school teacher in the 44026 area code. Last year we created one section of a class for 3D printing. Purchased a MakerBot Replicator and the class was a great experience. The plug-and-play of the machine was exactly what I needed since I was a complete novice in this area. This year we expanded to 3 sections, so 1 printer is no longer enough to handle demand. Could not afford to buy more Replicators so got a grant and purchased two kits from MakerGeeks.com. One is a Prusa I3 the other is a Mini-Kossel. Prusa is using a Melzi board and Kossel is using Ramps/Arduino and smart LCD.

Physical build is just about 100% done, but I am completely lost and ignorant of the electronics and software/calibration process. I am stuck and need help. I am hoping someone would be willing to come on-site to help me finish the builds because we absolutely need these done in order to run the classes optimally. I have watched countless videos and looked at many schematics, but my ignorance of the process is not allowing me to adequately understand what I am looking at. For me, looking at a wiring schematic might as well be trying to decode hieroglyphics.

If you, or someone you know, would be willing to help out, I would sure appreciate it!

Sal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login