Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mkouri's Tantillus build

Posted by Mkouri 
Mkouri's Tantillus build
May 20, 2012 08:55PM
It's coming together. I got some stringing on the base plates where what looks like a bottom plate will get attached. Luckily thats in an area that won't show.

One thing I noticed today is that the top parts need to be flipped over before printing, or you need a really REALLY good printer. I wasn't paying attention, got about 20% in on the first one, and it started dragging parts around on the print bed. I looked at what was going on and realized it was trying to build everything upside down. D'oh!

Really looking forward to the next batch of STLs getting posted, this should be a nice addition to my bot farm.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1046.jpg (365.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_1056.jpg (307.8 KB)
Re: Mkouri's Tantillus build
May 20, 2012 09:04PM
Mkouri Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's coming together. I got some stringing on the
> base plates where what looks like a bottom plate
> will get attached. Luckily thats in an area that
> won't show.
>
> One thing I noticed today is that the top parts
> need to be flipped over before printing, or you
> need a really REALLY good printer. I wasn't paying
> attention, got about 20% in on the first one, and
> it started dragging parts around on the print bed.
> I looked at what was going on and realized it was
> trying to build everything upside down. D'oh!
>
> Really looking forward to the next batch of STLs
> getting posted, this should be a nice addition to
> my bot farm.

Excellent, sorry about the upside down panels. Is it all of the top parts that are upside down? Once I figure out which panels it is I will update the repo with them oriented the correct way. I am trying to ensure they are already the right way but obviously forgot when I last exported those parts with what ever minor change I made.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 20, 2012 09:27PM
All of the top parts needed to be flipped over. The base and middle parts were fine. It'll probably be next weekend before I get to the last top parts and the connectors.
May 20, 2012 09:46PM
May 25, 2012 11:41PM
Started printing the connectors tonight. Looks like most of them also have to be reoriented to print correctly. I see that new files were posted on the github site, will have to take a look at them.
May 26, 2012 12:01AM
Yes the connectors are in the wrong orientation. If you rotate them you could send me a pull request through github or send them via email and I will update it. If not it may take a while until I have time to rotate all of them.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 26, 2012 12:06AM
I just posted a problem with one of the connectors (Base_rear) in a new thread. I'm afraid to send you my rotated versions until I figure out whether I messed it up (and potentially others) or not.
June 08, 2012 05:36AM
June 09, 2012 01:02AM
I'm hoping to finish up what you've already posted this weekend, so your timing is perfect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login