Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daves tantillus build

Posted by davelandia 
Daves tantillus build
May 21, 2012 12:18PM
Printing Base#4 in Blue PLA. Just make sure your Prusia Y gear does not crumble during the print!!!

Fixed and reprinted ok... A bot builder's work is never done!!

Dave
Attachments:
open | download - 0521121020a.jpg (510.9 KB)
Re: Daves tantillus build
May 21, 2012 02:41PM
May 21, 2012 07:32PM
My Prusia is working well again.

I have the bottom Four case parts printed. I'm Running out of Blue PLA so I will get an interesting color combo. Gotta order more.
Moving to Silver for middle and top.

Dave
Attachments:
open | download - tant1.jpg (230.1 KB)
May 21, 2012 09:27PM
Wow those look better than my first one. Very flat and you even managed to print the thin post on the back slot, very nice.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 21, 2012 09:29PM
Looks great, Dave!!
May 21, 2012 10:09PM
Dave,
What slicer are you using? What layer height, and what nozzle diameter? I'm quite impressed with the output you're getting. Did I read it right that you printed all four bases in about four hours, or was there a delay in your posting?

FWIW, I've got a 0.50mm nozzle back on my printer (clogged up the 0.35mm being stoopid) and have been printing at 0.35mm layers. If I remember right each base took me about 4 hours, because in hindsight I had higher than necessary infill amounts and was printing slowly to get good quality.
May 22, 2012 12:37PM
Using a ReplicatorG 0.3mm Layer height with a very worn out .35mm nozzle (maker gear hot end). EACH base part took 4 hours. I used 3 shells and 40% infill .. Way too much plastic !! I am moving to 2 shells and 20% infill on the middle parts. All are printed at ~40mm/sec.

I did not get the middle started yet... Got up to watch the SpaceX launch!!

I'll keep you posted
Dave
May 27, 2012 01:12PM
things are moving slower than expected..I have been distracted with yard and home maintenance.

The Stepper Motors arrived from Ebay. They look good, 40mm body length and 4mm shafts. 59oz-in holding torque in bipolar drive.
I will need to fix up the wires, but they were a decent deal.

Trying to get back to printing today.

dave
Attachments:
open | download - 0527121305.jpg (543.7 KB)
May 27, 2012 05:33PM
It's raining!!! so Yard work is on hold.

Back to printing the Middle Parts. Silver PLA (Ultimaker) Looks pretty good so far.
Using the good camera from now on...

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 05:55PM by davelandia.
Attachments:
open | download - tantillus_middle.JPG (294.1 KB)
June 08, 2012 05:36AM
June 24, 2012 06:32PM
Had a Prusa hot end clog.. So I have been on hold. Also summer outdoor projects are taking their toll. I hop to get back to printing this week.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login