Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with motors

Posted by neptix 
Trouble with motors
September 05, 2012 02:36AM
So I've got my machine together, but I've run into a snag. I can't get the motors to work properly. The Z motor is the only one I can jog, and all the -z jogs work fine, as do the 0.1 and 1 jogs in the +z. when I hit the +10Z button, the z axis stops working entirely, until a hard reset. I can't get the X/Y motors to jog correctly, even at temp. They move, but are very jerky and do not move the correct amount(+1X gives approx 3 turns on the motor) The feed motor just skips steps, even though I've turned it up pretty high, and there isn't any filament in the feeder. It also makes a loud humming noise, and won't turn off when I send an M84. Any suggestions? Or additional build days?

Jeff
Re: Trouble with motors
September 05, 2012 02:41AM
Have you turned down the current to the minimum level as shown in the build guide and then tried increasing it while trying to move the axis? Having it too high makes the driver go into thermal protection which it why it seems to skip steps and only move part of the distance. All of the current adjustment will be in the first 120degrees of the trimpot, after that it will shut itself down.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
September 05, 2012 02:52AM
I have tried adjusting the trimpots, but I'm not actually sure where the range starts and stops. According to the specs for those pots, the pointer is the side opposite the flat? I've tried them in a variety of positions, but no joy so far.

Jeff
September 05, 2012 02:54AM
September 06, 2012 01:03PM
The new picture helped, thanks. I've got all the motors working, now I'm just figuring out how to print smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login