Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eiffel Tower on Tantillus

Posted by Sublime 
Eiffel Tower on Tantillus
November 23, 2012 03:46AM
I had to give the Eiffel tower a go on Tantillus. It was not the easiest thing to fit in 100mm^3 and have the small details like the railings printable. To do this I scaled it to 420mm tall and then sliced the model into 5 sections vertically. This left the bottom section too wide to fit in the build area so I had to slice it again into 4 parts for a total of 8 parts.

The next problem was I was using a Tantillus with a 0.5mm nozzle and the railings were too small to slice with the KISSlicer 0.5mm profiles. This meant I had to fudge things and use the 0.4mm profile which means it was printing a path narrower than the nozzles orifice which results in poor layer alignment.

For all of this though the print turned out really nice and is one of my favorite prints yet.

Files:
STL's STL sliced for 100mm^3 build area.
Gcode Gcode sliced for 0.4mm nozzle using Kisslicer 1.1.0a2
If you would like to try it using a 0.5mm or even a 0.35mm nozzle the above Gcode should work as long as you open the file and change the Z offset (line that says G92 Z0. something at the begging of the Gcode)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2012 04:46AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Re: Eiffel Tower on Tantillus
November 23, 2012 04:41AM
That's awesome! smiling smiley

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
"The map is not the territory."
November 23, 2012 04:50AM
Thanks I am sure your attempt will out do mine.

I should also say to use the Kisslicer Gcode you should recalibrate your Extruder using the 5D method of making the filament move 100mm when requested (I have a firmware update coming with easy calibration). You may also need to manually change the temperature after the first layer to suit your filament.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
November 23, 2012 04:57AM
I should also say I added little supports for the base that is sliced into four pieces (1_Eiff_x4.gcode and Eiff_1.stl). It only supports the very ends of what would be the center of the arch so it does not tip over while printing the parts above, most of the arch is not supported.

November 23, 2012 09:36AM
Wow.
November 23, 2012 11:37AM
November 28, 2012 07:07PM
Wow that's just beautiful
November 29, 2012 02:33PM
amazing!
December 01, 2012 05:13AM
That one fine looking print!
I so have to try it!

You should have a top 10 insane/epic Tantillus prints page on your website for this sort of stuff!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login