Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 inch bridge? No problem.

Posted by Eric Young 
3 inch bridge? No problem.
December 11, 2013 07:59PM
I messed up and printed this model without any support, so it ended up needing to do about a 3 inch bridge at the top as shown in the image. I thought for sure it would fail, but slowed it down to 50% speed and upped the fan speed a bit and sure enough, perfect bridge. It was like a 3 hour print, so I was really happy and felt like sharing. Maybe this is no big deal and people do it all the time, but I was sure amazed. Thank you my beloved Tantillus.
Attachments:
open | download - 3in bridge.jpg (480 KB)
Re: 3 inch bridge? No problem.
December 11, 2013 09:11PM
That is a tough bridge when using a slicer that has bridge settings so pulling it off with Kisslicer (if that is what you used) is even more impressive. It also looks like all the threads are nice and flat so the inside should have turned out well.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: 3 inch bridge? No problem.
December 12, 2013 04:18PM
Yeah it was Kisslicer, but I adjusted the print and fan speeds manually with the encoder knob when it got to that layer because I hadn't even realized I messed up the model/support until the print was almost finished.

The inside did turn out quite nicely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login