Advanced

Tantillus Case printed in one shot

Posted by beverageexpert 
Tantillus Case printed in one shot
January 14, 2014 10:08AM
Hello
I just noticed that there is an stl for a full printed case
[github.com]

I am almost finished with my newest printer that will be able to print this with ease.

My question is before I waste any plastic. Is this file current and ready to be built?
I am excited at the prospect for printing a printer like this instead of many parts.

My new printer will print 16 inches in x y and z so I wonder what other models I can print.

thanks
bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 10:09AM by beverageexpert.
Re: Tantillus Case printed in one shot
January 14, 2014 12:04PM
As far as I know it has never been attempted. I know it is at least equal in completion as my multipiece printed case and possibly even has some improvements. But the case was also designed to be printed in parts of which some are upside down when printing. This means that the overhangs were not intended to be printed all in the same orientation so it will most likely need support.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 14, 2014 02:31PM
What infill do you suggest that I print the frame out of?
January 14, 2014 02:45PM
It does not need much infill since it is mostly thin walled. I would use two 0.5mm perimeters (or equivalent or greater) and 10-15% infill to give some of the larger voids some infill for the solid layers to sit on top of.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login