Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

See Tantillus Live

Posted by Sublime 
See Tantillus Live
June 22, 2012 01:12PM
Come see Tantillus in action at the Vancouver Maker Faire June 23 & 24 2012 @ the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) In Vancouver British Columbia Canada

[vancouver.makerfaire.ca]

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: See Tantillus Live
June 28, 2012 02:39PM
Sadly I missed the Vancouver Maker Faire again, as it seems to always collide with another annual event that I make a point of going to over on the Island. With any luck it won't collide next year. Myself, I'm very new to 3D printing (I don't have one yet), but I'm a lifelong geek and tinkerer. My good friend and work colleague, GeraldO on this forum, is big into the 3D printing lately and purchased a Makerbot Replicator as soon as they came out. He's been wowing me and everyone we work with as he's had his printer here at the office cranking out cool desktop toys for everyone non-stop.

Cut to this week...

When we arrived back to the office on Monday after last weekend, he was saying: "Dude, there's something you gotta look at!". Then he proceeded to link me to the Tantillus.org website and your IndieGoGo campaign. He followed up with stories of the fun had at the Maker Faire and that he was parked next to you, Sublime, for the whole weekend. I gotta say that I was instantly fixated.

The Tantillus hits all the marks for me. Compact, portable, cool-looking, inexpensive, Arduino-driven, something I can assemble and tinker with myself. It's a beautiful machine, and I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how big an impression it made even to someone who didn't make it out to the Faire! ;-)

Needless to say, I instantly jumped on the campaign and contributed at the $190 level to get the Acrylic and Hardware parts kits, and I'm having fun sourcing out everything else I need. This will be my first 3D printer, but I expect it'll start a much longer-term and deeper obsession. Gerald offered to help me print off all the parts I need with his Replicator, so I should be good to go. I hope not to be that too-annoying newbie who asks all the dumb questions due to lack of experience, but I aim to be fairly active on the forum here.

But I just wanted to say thanks again for your creative spirit and innovation, Sublime! It's SO cool to see something like this coming out of another BC local. Woot!

- Yonder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login