Tantillus Part Quality
July 29, 2012 07:55AM
The Tantillus part quality continues to surprise and delight me.

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
"The map is not the territory."
Re: Tantillus Part Quality
July 29, 2012 03:30PM
As if I wasn't anxious enough already :p
July 30, 2012 01:18PM
It's a pretty amazing printer.

Small Treasure Chest (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:27635). This was the first attempt and went much better than I expected.

The lid fit perfectly with the hinges snapping into place. The 3D model was sliced with 150 micron layers and printed in PLA with no stringers or other problems. It did require about 1 minute of cleanup - mainly trimming a small overlap on the first layer of both parts.

The only significant problem was some blue filament that must have been trapped in the print head or Bowden tube from the previous part. It didn't show up until about 10% into printing the base. I'm going to have to figure out how to make sure that the Bowden tube/print head are fully purged. There was some barely noticeable warping at the bottom corners of both parts - if you didn't know what to look for, it wouldn't be noticeable at all.

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
July 30, 2012 02:42PM
Looks like you're having all kinds of fun smiling smiley

I had a look at the Treasure Chest model and those bump snaps are pretty darn small. Glad to hear they worked the first time around.
July 31, 2012 07:31AM
Eric Young Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like you're having all kinds of fun smiling smiley

Definitely. smiling smiley

> I had a look at the Treasure Chest model and those
> bump snaps are pretty darn small. Glad to hear
> they worked the first time around.

They are quite small, to the point that I was concerned about them also. They probably work better in ABS since it's more pliable/slippery, though they snapped right into place with my PLA print.

----------------
Lem Fugitt
3D Printing Dreams
Robots Dreams
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login