Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD Issue?

Posted by Lisa M 
LCD Issue?
August 23, 2012 07:34PM
Is it me? Did I plug it in wrong? Am I not managing the knob correctly? Or is the LCD faulty? I'm not sure. All I get is Main, Prepare, Preheat PLA. I can't get anything else no matter what I do - push, turn, push and turn consecutively, double push

Here is a video: LCD Issue?
Re: LCD Issue?
August 23, 2012 07:36PM
Can you post a picture of the plug on the RAMPS board? I think it may be plugged in backwards. It looks like it is changing menus when you press the button and doing nothing when you turn the knob?

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
August 23, 2012 07:43PM
I tried before to reverse the way they were plugged in but all that happened was that the LCD didn't work at all ...so I put it back to the way I thought the instructions indicated. ...which is this way. smiling smiley ...and gives the results in the video above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 07:44PM by Lisa M.
Attachments:
open | download - lcdramps.jpg (428 KB)
August 23, 2012 07:49PM
It looks like the encoder wire (the one behind the orange, yellow, green, blue) is off by one pin too far to the left in that picture. See this picture and tell me if it is plugged in correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 08:00PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog

August 23, 2012 07:51PM
Nope. I have mine like that.

...oh wait. I unplugged the rainbow colored cable... you were right I went too far over and missed a pin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 07:55PM by Lisa M.
August 23, 2012 07:53PM
Ok then it is most likely the encoder. I am heading into Van on Sunday and could drop it off along with whatever else I have for you if you would like.

August 23, 2012 07:56PM
eye rolling smiley ...er now it works much better thanks.
August 23, 2012 07:58PM
No worries this is how building one of these goes the first time. I am just glad you figured it out.

August 23, 2012 08:39PM
Well... actually, you figured it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login