Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advanced Z-axis Offset

Posted by Yonderboy 
Advanced Z-axis Offset
September 10, 2012 01:43AM
Hey Sublime,

When you have a free moment, could you please go over the advanced technique for adjusting the Z-axis offset that you told me about, step by step?

For the rest of you, this approach involves the use of custom start G-code instead of slicing with a baked-in z-axis offset. It has the benefit of letting you go back in and tweak the Z-offset for a file that you've already sliced and tested okay, without having to re-slice the file. That would be really handy right now, as I just swapped out my z-axis platform bolts and nuts, had to re-calibrate, and now it doesn't print at the same offset. Unfortunately, I can't recall the syntax as you described it to me.

Cheers,
Yonder
Re: Advanced Z-axis Offset
September 10, 2012 02:47PM
Ok the first thing you should do is go into your firmware and re-enable the software endstops because they will no longer be needed as we will not be setting and negative numbers.

When the nozzle is to far from the bed we will add the following to the Start gcode just after the last line that says G1 Z0

G92 Z0.3 ;set current height
G1 Z0 ;move to 0

When the nozzle is to close to the bed we will add the following to the Start gcode just after the last line that says G1 Z0

G1 Z0.3 ;move to 0.3
G92 Z0 ;set current height

In both cases you will replace the Z0.3 with the height you are off by.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login