Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tantillus Store Stock

Posted by Sublime 
Tantillus Store Stock
November 05, 2012 01:58AM
Re: Tantillus Store Stock
November 05, 2012 03:18PM
Looks good, great work! Some feedback, the large images make it a little difficult to use as I have to scroll so much on the page. Maybe change to smaller images / thumbnails with a click-to-zoom lightbox?

I don't know how diverse you want the store to be, and by that I mean... how much different SKUs do you want to stock?? smiling smiley But it might be nice to have some more kits... I'm thinking a print-your-own-parts kit, basically everything except the printed parts? It would also be nice to have a nuts/bolts kit, it's a little expensive to buy a 50 pack of screws the Tantillus only needs 4 or 8 of... I have some local shops I can buy individual screws -- but it ends up being nearly the same price if not more. I just priced out the BOM online and for me the fastener cost around 4x as the machine actually takes. But I would have enough extras of most pieces to build 20 machines due to the hardware coming in packs of 50 or 100. And it would help international builders who perhaps can't readily source the non-metric hardware.
(BTW, what's the status of the all-metric version that some folks were working on?)
November 05, 2012 04:10PM
j.samuels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks good, great work! Some feedback, the large
> images make it a little difficult to use as I have
> to scroll so much on the page. Maybe change to
> smaller images / thumbnails with a click-to-zoom
> lightbox?

All of the images are 156px x 156px unless you right click and select view image. If this is not how you see it can you please let me know what browser you are using.

>
> I don't know how diverse you want the store to be,
> and by that I mean... how much different SKUs do
> you want to stock?? smiling smiley But it might be nice to
> have some more kits... I'm thinking a
> print-your-own-parts kit, basically everything
> except the printed parts?

True but unfortunately I will not be stocking motors for anything except my complete machines as they are very difficult to get and cost a fortune to ship (who wants to pay shipping to me plus shipping to them)

It would also be nice to
> have a nuts/bolts kit, it's a little expensive to
> buy a 50 pack of screws the Tantillus only needs 4
> or 8 of... I have some local shops I can buy
> individual screws -- but it ends up being nearly
> the same price if not more. I just priced out the
> BOM online and for me the fastener cost around 4x
> as the machine actually takes. But I would have
> enough extras of most pieces to build 20 machines
> due to the hardware coming in packs of 50 or 100.
> And it would help international builders who
> perhaps can't readily source the non-metric
> hardware.
> (BTW, what's the status of the all-metric version
> that some folks were working on?)

I do have hardware kits in the works but they are not available at this time.

The metric machine works (WillWorkForPlastic designed and printed it and is using it) but it does not work with all of the original parts like the Acrylic panels just yet. If you would like to build one you have to be sure to use only his files and none of my originals.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 05, 2012 05:42PM
Hmm, the images show up as 1000x1000 for me, I'm using Chrome :

http://i.imgur.com/FENix.png
November 05, 2012 06:48PM
j.samuels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm, the images show up as 1000x1000 for me, I'm
> using Chrome :
>
> [i.imgur.com]

The source images are large but the class="icon2" sets it to 156px. This means that chrome is ignoring the style sheet. I will make them thumbs like I did before but stopped since it seemed like a lot of work to resize all the images and link both when Firefox shows it perfectly just by setting it in the CSS.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
November 05, 2012 11:11PM
I have changed the store to use thumbs now and not rely on the style sheet. This still may result in chrome displaying them a little larger than intended as the thumbs are 192 x 192 and they should be displayed as 156 x 156.

Let me know if you see anything else.

November 23, 2012 04:54AM
Tantillus.org is offering FREE shipping just in time for the holiday season.

** Free shipping is for a limited time.
Canada = Free shipping on orders over $100
USA = Free shipping on orders over $150
International = Free shipping on orders over $250
Regular shipping only. Priority available at an extra charge.
Some exceptions may apply.

This means you can get a complete RAMPS kit for $129.99 or a fully assembled Tantillus for $1300.00 delivered plus many more great deals. Please visit [www.tantillus.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login