Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

laser cut case size

Posted by plexer 
laser cut case size
November 12, 2012 12:55PM
I'm trying to work out if we can cut the acrylic panels on our Versalaser VL200 but I am unable to dimension the dxf files or the others at the moment.

Can anyone give me the approx size of each of the panels so I can see if we can cut them?

Thanks.

Ben
Re: laser cut case size
November 12, 2012 01:22PM
The large panels are approx 210x300mm after being cut.
November 12, 2012 01:56PM
Many thanks for that the bed size on our VL200 is 406.4 x 304.8 mm so looks like I should be able to just cut it out.

I'll have to do some testing with the bearing holes regarding the laser width to make them an inteference fit.

With the fingers on the side of the panels do these also need to be an interference fit or as I think I've read else where the corner supports will hold them in place?

Thanks.

Ben
November 12, 2012 03:44PM
November 20, 2012 03:36AM
I cut my version on VLS6.60, I used a 0.1mm offset to get a good fit (i.e. 0.2mm diameter spot size), then ran a 22mm hand reamer through the bearing holes to get a good fit. You probably do not need to ream them though. Make sure you focus the laser well however as this caused me grief in the beginning.

In my CAD model, I put in a offset configuration on the panels to allow for this, however I have been epic busy with life and not figured out where there are errors in it. I will hopefully get onto it this/next week.

In my next git push I will include corel draw files if you want as well if the versa laser system uses corel draw etc.
December 26, 2012 10:07AM
willworkforplastic sounds great I will take a look at your files and I believe our DT dept does use coreldraw for cutting so that would be awesome.

I found a cheapish supplier for the materials cut for the bed size of the lasercutter.

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login