Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missing Source Files

Posted by MattS 
Missing Source Files
November 16, 2012 01:49AM
Hey Sublime, I'm cutting an LC version of the bot and I have found that the files are missing for the upper and lower bed and also the extruder spacer. Can you commit these or post them here. I need to cut them in the next two days before I go away for Thanksgiving. Thanks!
Re: Missing Source Files
November 16, 2012 02:30AM
They are part of the file called All_panels . I do not have them as separate files, they were generated from the openings cut out of the case. If you cut the panels individually you already have the beds you just need to trim them a little and drill the holes. Or separate them from the All_panels file and cut them. All the DXF files were generated from STL files using OPENscad which is a real pain and then converted to SVG's with Inkscape. I really have no experience with 2D technical drawings and spent a lot of time just generating the files there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 03:13AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 16, 2012 09:31AM
Thanks, I will separate them out and cut the three final pieces. Wish I had caught this before I cut the large pieces last night.
November 16, 2012 02:37PM
The extruder spacer can be found in the carriage_middle file, it's not part of all_panels. I expect this is because it needs to be cut from 3mm material and not 6mm like the other lasercut parts. Sublime can you confirm? It wasn't clear from the wiki, but I measured the STLs and this seems to be the case.

BTW, is there any reason we can't print the extruder spacer?
November 16, 2012 04:39PM
j.samuels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The extruder spacer can be found in the
> carriage_middle file, it's not part of all_panels.
> I expect this is because it needs to be cut from
> 3mm material and not 6mm like the other lasercut
> parts. Sublime can you confirm? It wasn't clear
> from the wiki, but I measured the STLs and this
> seems to be the case.

Yes you are correct and feel free to update the wiki with any of this info.

>
> BTW, is there any reason we can't print the
> extruder spacer?

The only reason I do not is I am worried it will get soft from the heat at the top of the extruder.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login