Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues slicing several parts

Posted by Roboteernat 
Issues slicing several parts
November 20, 2012 03:28PM
Hi,

I seems to be having difficulty slicing a few parts,

Z_arm_2 is the one im having issues with atm, is there an issue with the stl file? i cannot seem to fix it in netfabb nor admesh sad smiley
is anyone else able to slice it?

Thanks

Nat
Re: Issues slicing several parts
November 20, 2012 05:22PM
Roboteernat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I seems to be having difficulty slicing a few
> parts,
>
> Z_arm_2 is the one im having issues with atm, is
> there an issue with the stl file? i cannot seem to
> fix it in netfabb nor admesh sad smiley
> is anyone else able to slice it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nat

I have had an issue where one of the arms has the infill escape the perimeter in the two large holes while slicing with Slic3r 0.7.2b. To work around it you just need to rotate the model a few degrees. If this does not work for you you could mirror the other arm that slices properly using your favorite modelling program. Hope this helps if not just let me know and I will see if I can fix it.

P.s. only one side was modelled and then I mirrored it using Blender. Then they were both most likely repaired and the mirroring before repairing may be what caused the issue.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Issues slicing several parts
November 21, 2012 04:20PM
Try "downgrading" to Slic3r 0.72b.

I hit a related or possibly same issue with Slic3r 0.95 with the z_arms. I hit a different issue with the printed bushings as it was generating gaps in the gcode - not sure if it's related to my settings. In any case, since moving down to Slic3r 0.7.2b, I haven't had any issues with slicing any of the parts, asides from the occasional part I needed to reposition for better printing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login