Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printed Case Version - Wiring/LCD Pictures

Posted by ronderful 
Printed Case Version - Wiring/LCD Pictures
December 05, 2012 08:29PM
Would anyone who has a printed a case care to share any photos of wiring inside?
Finally finished my Tantillus, but just working on cleaning up my wiring. I've resigned to mounting the RAMPS outside the case. I have an LCD I picked up from reprapdiscount as well. Haven't figured out how I'll mount that guy or if I will bother.

I find things a little tight in the printed case so I'd be curious to see what others have done.

On a side note, it's a great little machine. It's received far more interest from friends and family than my Prusa. Looks like I'll be building a few, but will probably go the acrylic route moving forwards.
Re: Printed Case Version - Wiring/LCD Pictures
December 05, 2012 09:23PM
On the printed case you will see a lip inside the bottom edge that allows you to install a bottom on the machine. The bottom helps to make the machine stronger while giving you a place to mount the electronics.

For the LCD you will either need to make a housing for it and mount it to the outside and change the pins to match as well as changing the firmware to use 20 x 4 instead of Tantillus's 16 x 2 display.

I personally would use the SDramps that came with your RAMPS kit and just add a 16x2 LCD and encoder which can fit in the front panel of the printed case with a little dremelling. (See the picture in the Eiffel tower thread)

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login