Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LC case thickness?

Posted by mydogjustice 
LC case thickness?
February 05, 2013 07:42AM
I'm toying with the idea of building a Tantillus (even though I'm only half way through a Rostock build). I can't seem to find anything that indicates what the material thickness is for the case. The tabs seem to indicate 5mm and the corners have allowance for 6mm. Is there enough room to go with any material between 4.5 and 6mm thick? I've been looking for an excuse to try ponoko and most of the common material thicknesses are (3mm too small?) - 4.5mm - 5.2mm - 5.6mm - 5.7mm - 6.0mm that I'd be interested in using. Aside from how the case itself is assembled, I havent looked any further to see where else it might be impacted.

Thanks all!

JW

Josh

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
Re: LC case thickness?
February 05, 2013 08:43PM
The case is 6mm and the extruder mount is 3mm. Is is really important that the case material be between 5.9mm and 6.05mm thick or the corners will be loose or not fit at all.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 06, 2013 01:39AM
I'm using 6.8mm panels and the normal parts did not fit. I remodeled all the corners to fit the thickness of the panels I used. Everything else fit as expected.
February 06, 2013 07:22AM
This is very promising news! os1r1s, are you willing to share your updated corners?

Thanks!

Josh

//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
February 06, 2013 11:09PM
Sure. I have to find a place to put them though.
February 06, 2013 11:11PM
os1r1s Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure. I have to find a place to put them though.

If you put them in a 7zip you can upload them here. (tar.7z is even higher compression).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login