Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goopyplastic's Tantillus

Posted by goopyplastic 
Goopyplastic's Tantillus
February 23, 2013 10:54PM
Just finished up all the major assembly this evening, everything seems to be working so far, will need to start calibration next. Expect to see some questions in this thread asking for help! grinning smiley Very nice to have this great knowledge-base to work with and such a neat little printer to occupy my time.

Some pictures for you:

Flickr Photostream with more pics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 11:14PM by goopyplastic.
Re: Goopyplastic's Tantillus
February 24, 2013 12:18AM
Looks good. I see you added the set screws to position the X/Y rods as you had mentioned doing.

A few things I see in the pictures that you may want to change.

1) The cables on the X axis are upside down causing them to change angle as they reach the sides. You will want to redo those or your prints will scale near the edges.

2) The clip on the side of the bed can hit the extruder if on that side so you may want to watch that.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 24, 2013 01:17AM
I was just looking closer at the pictures and it looks like the idler side of the Y axis also has the cables wrapped the wrong direction which will result in scaling of the print near the front edge.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 24, 2013 01:19AM
Good info Sublime I will read up on the spectra to see where I went wrong etc.., I also put a set screw on the Z, particularly the endstop rod, maybe my bearings are really tight. I also printed my parts on an Afinia so maybe the rod pockets were looser.

So I find this hilarious and I am still picking my jaw off the floor.

After assembling the printer, I figured why not and give it a shot. I simply leveled the bed, download KISSLICER and Sublime's profiles / test cube. I pressed the print button expecting epic fail... and was rewarded with a great print. I can't believe this is the first print, and the machine isn't calibrated ... the Tantillus is one impressive machine!

I am uploading some hi-res videos too, here is one of the print:

Youtube Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2013 01:33AM by goopyplastic.
February 27, 2013 05:16PM
Looking good, I really like the black. And beautiful pics too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login