Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home

Posted by neptix 
Home
February 28, 2013 12:57AM
I've been at this for about 13 hours now and I'm getting a little frustrated. I need to double check some basics, because I have lost the ability to get a model centered(or even entirely in) the build area.

Home for the tantillus is in the back right corner, yes?
This home point, is it 0,0, or -50, -50? because I'm pretty sure it's the first, and my printer is pretty sure it's the second.

Thanks
neptix
Re: Home
February 28, 2013 02:23AM
The back right is 0, 0 . If you are still running the old firmware and using Slic3r you do not have software endstops because of how it set the z offset. This would mean you can get the machine all out of wack. The best way to make sure it is zeroed in the corner is to power down the machine entirely (wall power and usb) and then power it back up and it will be set at zero because it has been completely reset.

But I would highly recommend updating the firmware and getting the Kisslicer profiles from the downloads page of Tantillus.org . Also the tutorials page has been updated with the usage instructions.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
March 01, 2013 10:03PM
Ok, reflashing the firmware seems to have done it, even though hard booting the printer didn't. Anyway, I can print now! Kindof. After about 30-45 minutes of printing, my extruder motor starts skipping sometimes. Not that often, just enough to reduce pressure and leave filament that is too narrow to stick. I've noticed that I seem to have slightly variable pressure throughout a print, leaving what look like stripes on the raft and print. It seems to be the extruder motor that is skipping, but it's current is cranked pretty high. Any ideas as to what's causing this? Also, kudos on adding software endstops smiling smiley

neptix
March 01, 2013 11:18PM
Skipping steps on E after a long time printing can be caused by a few things.

Dirty or oversized filament.

Too high of temperature for the filament causing the heat to rise up the hotend and melt the filament too soon.

Too high of current that results in the driver going into thermal protection after the heat builds up.

Too low of temperature resulting in not enough molten plastic.

Too many retracts and not a tight enough idler on the extruder resulting in chewed up filament that jams in the bowden tube.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login