Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airprints: trouble with printing the latest Tantillus gears

Posted by Archaeoptrix 
Airprints: trouble with printing the latest Tantillus gears
June 06, 2013 02:21AM
Hey all,

I am building my Tantillus at Tech Shop, and I'm printing the parts on a Replicator 2 using MakerWare. Twice now I've tried to print the latest upper gear, once on medium settings (2 shells, 10% infill) and once with 3 shells and 35% infill. Both times, the part starts to airprint at the exact point in the model where the herringbone reaches the 'V'. The second time I was able to stop the print and re-load the filament, but it resulted in a part that is missing a layer or two.

Has anyone else had problems printing the herringbone gears? Is this an issue with how the .stl is being sliced? I've never had any other airprinting issues with the Replicator 2, and parts before and after this gear printed perfectly. Is this an issue with the model? Slicing? Any help you can give me would be great. I'm really excited to get my laser-cut Tantillus off the ground.

-cheers!
-James
Re: Airprints: trouble with printing the latest Tantillus gears
June 06, 2013 03:09AM
The newest gears are derived from ones made in solidworks and are really clean stl's. If you would like you could try the ones from this point in time [github.com] and see if they slice better. They are the same gears just an older mesh. If not I know Kisslicer, Cura / Skeinforge slice the current ones fine (better then the old for me).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login