Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone wanna print parts for me?

Posted by j4ysen 
Anyone wanna print parts for me?
June 27, 2013 12:43PM
Hey everyone!

I would like to build a tantillus! I have built a printrbot before but i gave it to a friend who is abroad so he cannot help me. My school could do the laser panels for me, but their replicator extruder is dead. Would anyone please print the tantillus parts for me? And how much do you want for it? haha

I'm trying to get my tantillus bellow £350 or $530

Thank you for your time!

- Jaysen
Re: Anyone wanna print parts for me?
June 29, 2013 05:42PM
Where are you located?

I've built my Tantillus for a tad over $300, so your budget should be doable. I kept costs down by using cheaper fasteners (phillips or flat head vs hex), making much of the electronics and cutting the frame panels myself.
June 30, 2013 06:36AM
I'm in london, england. It's impressive that you have gotten it so low! Would it be cheaper to send a ramps or printrboard board file to a company like [oshpark.com] and hand solder the parts?
June 30, 2013 04:51PM
I don't have any experience with online pcb manufacturing. If you don't have the means to etch pcbs, probably your best bet would be to find a kit version of the electronics (in the US you can buy unassembled Sanguino for example). The only tricky thing for assembly are the stepped drivers where the chip has a pad on the bottom that has to be soldered to the board.

For printing the parts, I think it would make most sense to find someone with a printer locally. To save on shipping for one and you might need some parts reprinted (I broke many corners for example because my frame material was thicker). There are also parts with options (for example gears for 4 and 5 mm motors).
June 30, 2013 05:13PM
I just found a ramps 1.4 assembled board and arduino mega, with an lcd and controller for $45. Is this too good to be true?

And Yeah you're right, it isn't worth it to spend money on shipping
June 30, 2013 07:48PM
That is a pretty low price. Usually that kit will sell for well over $200 in the US. You can make all that for $45, but I've never seen anyone sell it for that low. Although manufactured in volume, that's what it should be.

A good deal in the US for electronics is sanguinololu kit for $40-50, stepper drivers for under $10, nema17s for under $10, 16x2 lcd (without i2c) ~$5, sdramps under $10, encoder not more than $3.

If your search for 3d printers in your area goes unsuccessful, feel free to pm.
July 01, 2013 11:20AM
I can print things for you in the uk send me a message and we can talk.

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login