Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Larger Tantillus

Posted by Sublime 
Larger Tantillus
July 05, 2013 12:59AM
Apparently there is a larger Tantillus available to build once the person that modified it releases the files which they are obligated to do under the GPL.

There is also no information given to attribute the original design of Tantillus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 03:20AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Re: Larger Tantillus
July 06, 2013 02:16AM
Wow, that is the exact thing, but wider...
July 06, 2013 06:39AM
That's pretty blatant. Where did you find this?
July 06, 2013 12:33PM
I found it through google images because of a post he made about an alternative extruder he is designing to work with Tantillus. Since then I have managed to get a hold of him and he says the machines movement did not work correctly.

If a picture tells a thousand words that picture says:
Gears installed backwards and the picture even shows the teeth would not mesh.
The X/Y ends are backwards so the cable would not have a place to pass by them.
The Z stage looks like a rendering and has the upper part of the rod supported by a bearing which would result in more wobble.
Nothing to secure the bowden tube into the carriage.
No LCD.

Also the description said it uses stainless cables and all Igus bushings. If you look at the picture you will notice the corners are modified to take less time to print and do not cover the bearing holes entirely. The 608 bearings seem to have been replaced by Igus bushings as well.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
July 07, 2013 02:14AM
I found the website, apparently the new extruder design is 9:1 ratio, I'm sure it will be great for torque (even though the tantillus extruder has enough torque to strip filament like crazy), but I'm not too sure about getting high enough retract speeds for a Bowden at that ratio.
July 08, 2013 01:48AM
Yeah 9:1 would make for slow retracts but if you are trying to print really low layers (less than 100 micron) then the extra resolution would help. Also if you reduce the volume per second being extruded you do not need as much or as fast of retractions.

March 17, 2014 06:52PM
Hi this is my design And that showed render was made as dummy slide...
I found the prototype frame on garage one week ago and I want to finish the printer
Main changes is bigger size and belt driven,
When i build it and test it I will post there github repository of all files.
Off course there will be info that printer coming frome Tantillus by Sublime

Kind regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login