Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y only moves in 1 direction

Posted by Turnrock 
Y only moves in 1 direction
October 03, 2013 10:42PM
I have all the motors wired up the same, but the Y will only move in one direction. Everything i read says its the endstops or current but theres only 1 endstop and curren(tested a handful of drivers) is good.any ideas?
Re: Y only moves in 1 direction
October 03, 2013 10:55PM
If the software is setup and working correctly.....

The A4988 stepper motor driver has a direction pin on pin 9 I think. If this is not changing state then the motor can only go in one direction. Check to make sure the socket is connecting ok and soldering on this pin is good.
October 03, 2013 11:22PM
Are you using the version of Marlin in my Github for Tantillus?

Are you using a Ramps 1.4 board? If not have you changed the firmware correctly to account for the different board?

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 04, 2013 12:04AM
Sublime its your version from Github, Ramps 1.4

The pins,solder and sockets look fine but it is a super cheap Chinese Ramps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2013 12:08AM by Turnrock.
October 04, 2013 12:58AM
You can test the direction pin as Robonz suggested.

If it is dead you can try and trace it back on the Ramps board and you may find a bad solder joint. If it's the Atmega pin then you could remap it to a different unused pin and change it in the pins.h file.

If you purchased it from RepRapDiscount just let him know it is dead and he will send out a new one right away.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 04, 2013 09:17AM
If you haven't already I'd swap X and Y motors (unplug power first!) to rule out a bad stepper.
October 04, 2013 02:50PM
Its not a RepRapDiscount Ramps its a green board but I swapped the pins for Y and E1 in pins.h and im back in business.
Thanks for all the help!
December 17, 2013 05:33AM
Hello my name is alessio i'm italian, sorry but if you have change the pin of y to E1 you must change the pin of endstop from Y to E1,this is my ask:
how you have made this??? i have this problem but i don't know i can made it (i' m sorry if i write bad english)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login