Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kisslicer

Posted by cfellows 
Kisslicer
October 15, 2013 12:04AM
I've been messing around with Kisslicer on my Tantillus. I downloaded the Kisslicer configurations from tantillus.org. After slicing the 20 x 20 x 10 test cube I load the gcode file into pronterface to print. All the movements seem good except the extruder. It doesn't seem to be extruding anywhere near enough filament, so it basically isn't printing. Slic3r, by contracts, does a nice print and the filament extrudes quite fast. Anybody got any ideas?

Chuck
Re: Kisslicer
October 15, 2013 12:14AM
Maybe the filament diameter or maybe your firmware is set to use absolute extrusion (default for non-Tantillus Marlin) and the Kisslicer profile is set to use Relative.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
October 15, 2013 12:46AM
The Relative E setting is correct and the filament size is set to 3. Prime and Suck are both set to 5, Wipe is set to 10. Flow Tweakis set to 1. Anything else I should look at?

Chuck
October 15, 2013 01:34AM
Are you using my version of Marlin? If not you will need to set Marlin to use Relative extrusion. Kisslicer does not output the code to change Marlin the way some other slicers do. You can manually add the code to set Marlin to Relative in the start code or change the setting in Marlins advanced config.

Are the settings in Slicer similar to the ones in the Kisslicer profiles? The default values in Slic3r are really high compared to the Tantillus profiles as far as the layer height and extrusion widths are concerned.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
October 15, 2013 12:40PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you using my version of Marlin? If not you
> will need to set Marlin to use Relative extrusion.
> Kisslicer does not output the code to change
> Marlin the way some other slicers do. You can
> manually add the code to set Marlin to Relative in
> the start code or change the setting in Marlins
> advanced config.
>
> Are the settings in Slicer similar to the ones in
> the Kisslicer profiles? The default values in
> Slic3r are really high compared to the Tantillus
> profiles as far as the layer height and extrusion
> widths are concerned.

Thanks, Sublime, I think you may have nailed it. I did not use the Tantillus Marlin Version and I see that the Axis-Relative are all set to false in the advance config file. I will change the extruder setting to TRUE and see what happens. I do appreciate your help.

Chuck
October 15, 2013 02:30PM
Changing the config_adv.h file fixed the problem. But now I'm wondering if there are other settings in the Tantillus specific config.h and/or config_adv.h files that would be of benefit to print quality...

Chuck
October 15, 2013 02:40PM
All of the speeds, jerk settings and acceleration settings are specific to Tantillus. It uses Bang Bang instead of PID by default because PID can be troublesome for noobs. EEPROM is tuned off to ensure you can actually update your firmware without having to spend two days figuring out why your new settings don't take effect. It has automatic fan enabling to ensure you do not over temp your hotend and carriage. It has better support for 16x2 display than the version of Marlin it was branched from. The LCD menus are Tantillus specific. The way it homes is different since it does not have X and Y endstops. It has special menu features to load and unload 650mm of filament. If you would like to use a newer version but have most of the features you could try Lajos's updated Marlin for Tantillus which you can find in the forum here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login