Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would like to do Build Event for Tantillus in Chicago

Posted by MetaJulie 
Would like to do Build Event for Tantillus in Chicago
November 09, 2013 08:35PM
Hello,

I would like to do a Tantillus build event in Chicago. I would like to talk to "Mr. Tantillus" about doing this. Or anyone else who loves the Tantillus 3D printer.

How can we talk on the phone?

Please respond. :-)

A fan of the Tantillus - Julie
Re: Would like to do Build Event for Tantillus in Chicago
November 09, 2013 09:04PM
Hello, I am way up in Canada and would not be able to help you directly with an event. But I would be more than happy to discuss things here on the forum.

A few things to note:

When helping new people build a Tantillus it will most likely require more than one day. I would aim for a two day event.

Be sure to have the printed parts printed by someone with experience building a Tantillus or you will run into all kinds of issues.

Be sure to get authentic J-heads form Brian at hotends.com .

About the only thing I could supply in large numbers that will be hard to find are the hobbed bolts, power connectors, encoders (pre-wired). Other than that most of the parts are common RepRap parts with the exception of the 16x2 LCD which was quickly increased to a 20x4 by most of the community just after I designed Tantillus. It may be worth changing the case to fit the 20x4 so you can use the readily available LCD kits.

I may be able to supply some other parts but NOT the hardware kits. It may be possible others can supply them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 09:04PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 09, 2013 09:22PM
I am writing you from The 3D Printer Experience

Would you be willing to talk on the phone? As well as send us a completed Tantillus printer for to us to take a look at? We will pay for shipping.

I am very supportive of the RepRap philosophy and your work.

- Julie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 09:25PM by MetaJulie.
November 09, 2013 10:19PM
I don't have any interest in commercial ventures involving Tantillus any longer. I closed the Tantillus store almost a year ago and have been dedicating my time to being a full time dad and personal projects. I don't mind helping others with Tantillus related stuff here on the forum as it can benefit everyone. Again you are free to ask whatever you would like here, no phone calls though.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
November 09, 2013 11:07PM
This isn't about commercial and profiting off of the Tantillus. We are a social business our goal is social impact. There are so many people who could benefit. Please reconsider.
November 09, 2013 11:23PM
Again feel free to ask whatever you would like here on the forum. Even when I sold machines I did not offer phone support as it just wastes time and only one person benefits. This is also why I do not use IRC as it only help one person at a time and you end up saying the same thing over and over and over instead of just once. I also do not have resources to lend / give away machines.

November 09, 2013 11:45PM
@sublime Okay. Thank you for your contribution to the RepRap project.

If anyone is interested in being a part of a build event in Chicago for Tantillus please let me know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login