Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Issues

Posted by Happycamper 
Print Issues
January 17, 2014 04:56PM
I am trying to print a fan mount. I keep having issues when it prints above the bolt holes. What are your thoughts on the cause of this? Even the one that worked on the fan part itself is very low quality on top, Thanks.

The rest of the print seems fine. I must be missing something.
Re: Print Issues
January 17, 2014 05:04PM
I would go through the layers in Kisslicer and see if those layers are complete. Kisslicer does not like some models and it may not be creating the code correctly. Or it could be you are not priming enough after retracting. Do you have the prime value set the same as the suck (or greater by a tiny bit if you have ooze)?

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 17, 2014 05:42PM
I currently have it the same. I'll take a look. Thanks for giving me a direction to head. It helps.
January 17, 2014 06:04PM
It could also be that part prints so fast the layers do not have time to cool. Try printing two at once so they have time to cool. Since that part of the bracket is so small you would have to use the set my calculator to small or tiny if you wanted to print one at a time.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
January 17, 2014 07:31PM
Good point. I have to say my prints have turned from pretty good to awesome (for me anyway). I have been following your advice and it has been excellent.
January 18, 2014 03:38AM
Looking at your prints it looks like while you are not doing repetitive retractions things are good. When it gets to the repetitive reatractions on the smaller hinged areas are where the prints go bad. Make sure your bowden is easy to push filiament thorugh and that your feeder is not girinding, too tight/ too lose. I find the balance there is quite fiddly to get right. I have spent a lot of time throwing prints in the trash this week due to my feed having too much friction etc.
January 18, 2014 10:20AM
Another good point. I think I might try turning it completely off just to see how it works out... I know it will be bad looking, but if it completes I'll know what to work on.
January 20, 2014 12:08PM
Thanks guys! I adjusted the retraction and the calculator and I've got the part to print. I think I need to adjust the suck and prime a little more, but these are by FAR the best I've gotten. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login