Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sourcing parts for Tantillus in Europe

Posted by Dansvidania 
Sourcing parts for Tantillus in Europe
February 17, 2014 04:16PM
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you all for the support to the Tantillus project and most of all thanks to Sublime for this great (sublime?) design.

As stated in the subject, I am trying to source the parts for a metric Tantillus, and I am going completely nuts trying to figure out what and from where to get.

As I saw some of you already made a few metric Tantillus, may I ask your help figuring out if there's a few supplier I can comfortably order the needed supplies from?

I really can't wait to start my build, and budjet is not a problem also. I am only scared without guidance I could be capable to buy mostly useless crap.

Thanks in advance to all of you willing to help noobs.

PS: I have access to a Replicator 2x, but even so I would like to get the laser cut parts. Is there someone I can outsource the lasercutting pieces to?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 05:09AM by Dansvidania.
Re: Sourcing parts for Tantillus in Europe
February 19, 2014 07:30PM
I have a couple of Laser cut case sets that are not perfect (cloudy around the engraving) that I can sell as 2nds. They are technically Imperial case parts but I believe there is nothing different between the cases (no nut traps, only holes). Here is the BOM for the Metric machine and most of the parts should be available through most industrial parts companies (bolt houses). For the Electronics I suggest RepRap discount. For the hotend my only recommendation is Hotends.com .

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 22, 2014 11:13AM
That's great Sublime, thanks for the information.

Would you send me a PM about the parts that you would be willing to sell and their prices?
February 22, 2014 02:35PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login