Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first connecting to mac

Posted by mdcompositi 
Re: first connecting to mac
August 01, 2014 05:08AM
Sorry Mate, I didnt capture all that detail. Those sound like odd motors to use, even 15 volts is probably not enough! This is what I mean about free "Sublime support" hehe.

If you have motors like that then the acceleration should be turned down to match the slow response and possibly the max feed rate too. M201 command would sort the acceleration? or tune the firware.

Cheers
Keith
August 01, 2014 07:40AM
I wanted to make a clarification about engines!
I use nema 17 code 42byghw609
you say do not go well?
what uses you? you could tell me the code?
August 01, 2014 08:40AM
42BYGHW609 is only 2 ohms per coil which is good. If that is the motor you have it should work fine, we were discussing a motor that is 30 ohms 42BYGHW602

Get your printed bearings running smooth and it should be fine. Those are good motors.

Cheers
Keith
August 01, 2014 09:11AM
@ Sublime
I apologize for the error!
my engines are wantai 42byghw609!
August 01, 2014 12:16PM
No worries. In this post [forums.reprap.org] you had motors that were 30ohms per coil and I was not sure if you had changed them.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
August 02, 2014 09:16AM
I finally solved the problem of movement of the axes x and y and the printer now works!
I put new printed lm8uu and works smooth!
I tried to make the first prints with results are quite poor, but at least it seems that they are now passed to the next step!
I'm using pronterface and kisslicer but I could not!
I set all the different settings but when I start a print of a gcode generated by kisslicer, the printer seems crazy!
especially the extruder runs faster without stopping!
I did three prints of which I enclose photos by using Cura and start the printer with repetier-host
The main problem is z-axis, for example the cube 20x20x10 has been realized only half empty and the cube 2x2x1 the same!
also measures of the latter along the x and y are not real, in fact, measure 3x0.5 cm!
calibration angle 50mm is 75mm!!
the third printed file (the one that came better), is a cm bigger( calibration angle 50mm is 75mm!!)
I have a z-axis threaded rod 6cm connected with coupler

these are thre files

[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2014 09:27AM by mdcompositi.
August 02, 2014 05:22PM
mdcompositi
I'm using pronterface and kisslicer but I could not!
I set all the different settings but when I start a print of a gcode generated by kisslicer, the printer seems crazy!
especially the extruder runs faster without stopping!

Sounds like you switched kisslicer from Relative E to Absolute E without changing the firmware to match (Cura uses Absolute E but inserts the command to temporarily change the firmware to Absolute). This why you should not change anything from the default config unless you are completely sure of what you are doing.

I did three prints of which I enclose photos by using Cura and start the printer with repetier-host
The main problem is z-axis, for example the cube 20x20x10 has been realized only half empty and the cube 2x2x1 the same!
also measures of the latter along the x and y are not real, in fact, measure 3x0.5 cm!
calibration angle 50mm is 75mm!!
the third printed file (the one that came better), is a cm bigger( calibration angle 50mm is 75mm!!)
I have a z-axis threaded rod 6cm connected with coupler

This all sounds like a problem with your steps per mm because of your belts and pulleys instead of the cables. Also possibly you are using a metric threaded rod and not the original imperial one which would result in the Z being wrong too. You need to know how to set all of these if you are going to be changing things from the original design.

Also note that those couplers are a known source of Z axis problems and the printed one should be used.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
August 03, 2014 03:15AM
The acceleration on x and y should be turned down too as the pulleys are bigger.

Cheers
Keith
August 06, 2014 05:12AM
I solved this problem!
I recalculated the steps per mm using this [calculator.josefprusa.cz]
Now the printer is fine, just settle the whole thing and when I'll make some decent print I'll public some photos!
with respect to the z axis, I used to twice the silicone tube and the holder printable but it happened that was cut and had to do it again.
can you better explain problems regarding use of the coupler?
why it creates problems?
For the moment I'm using Cura but as soon as possible I would like to resolve the problems with kisslicer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 05:13AM by mdcompositi.
August 06, 2014 11:30AM
mdcompositi
I solved this problem!
I recalculated the steps per mm using this [calculator.josefprusa.cz]
Now the printer is fine, just settle the whole thing and when I'll make some decent print I'll public some photos!
with respect to the z axis, I used to twice the silicone tube and the holder printable but it happened that was cut and had to do it again.
can you better explain problems regarding use of the coupler?
why it creates problems?
For the moment I'm using Cura but as soon as possible I would like to resolve the problems with kisslicer

The main issue with those Z couplers comes from the holes being slightly over size which means the shafts are not perfectly centered. The next issue comes from the fact that we are supporting the weight of the Z axis and those couplers are not designed to do so. This can be overcome by making sure the threaded rod touches the top of the motor shaft so the weight gets transferred through to the motor bearings. Also if the shafts are not touching each other the coupler can act like a spring vertically which could result in non-linear movements.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login