Advanced

tantilot ( tantilus and core xy )

Posted by ekaggrat 
Re: tantilot ( tantilus and core xy )
October 17, 2014 03:40PM
Ah cool, thanks smiling smiley
November 07, 2014 04:44PM
Been awhile since I have posted my progress. Here are a few pictures. I have been printing with the unit, and the Z axis is awesome!! Hard time getting the bed leveled, but it is pretty close now. I do not like how the bed just falls at the end of a print, but someone will figure that one out. Please respond with any comments that will make this a better unit. It runs nice, but the x carriage could use some work.

Milt
Attachments:
open | download - SAM_0382.JPG (456.1 KB)
open | download - SAM_0383.JPG (456.1 KB)
open | download - SAM_0389.JPG (439.9 KB)
November 08, 2014 11:19AM
@mondo

super nice. I know a few changes are needed like using 625vv bearings , which would make the carriages even more compact. Also adding a guitar string tuner to the x carriage to tighten the strings and finally doubling the string on the z axis to prevent it from falling down...

version 2 coming up then ....

thanks for building tantilot . Can you post some sample print pics . Also i would suggest using aluminum spools on the motor to get better prints.

One last question what extruder are you using?
November 08, 2014 04:34PM
I am using a standard j-head from hotends.com. I purchased a couple of tubing connectors off EBAY. I am trying to come up with an X carriage that will hold the x end stop, bowden connector, part cooling fan and holders for the cables. I just am not very good at drawing in the 3d programs. I will post some pics of prints once I have made something of some considerable size. Where can I get aluminum spools from?

Milt
November 09, 2014 02:42AM
link to aluminium spool

amazon

let me know what changes you want on the x axis
November 17, 2014 08:08AM
hello guys,

Thanks for this great work. It really took my attention. I am a beginner at 3D printing so, can you please supply me a BOM for your design Tantilot? and of course if possible building pics also?

Thanks.
November 17, 2014 08:39PM
It is not recommended as a beginner project as there are things still changing ...

link to the files
files
March 05, 2015 07:03PM
Hello,

I think your design is absolutly fantastic! How is V2 coming along?

Conoral11
May 19, 2015 09:33AM
Hello,

Any people built this machine recently?
i am willing to build one, and was wondering how it performs, i am not a beginner, but i have yet to build a real 3D printer and not just scrap some parts together.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login