Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Created some Tantillus Compact Ultimaker Slider Adapters

Posted by dintid 
Created some Tantillus Compact Ultimaker Slider Adapters
March 16, 2016 10:39AM
Hello all.
I've had a Tantillus for a long time, and spend much of the time rebuilding it.

I've just finished Building my latest modification, which might very well be the last: Tantillus Compact Ultimaker Slider Adapters

In short they allows the use of GT2 belts in a good and sturdy way and also allows the use of Ultimaker carriages, so we have much more options here. It does require you to get some new bushings and 2 new 6mm steel rods.

Edit:
I have also created Tantillus (Ultius) lead-screw Z-axis - complete

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 08:37AM by dintid.

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
My Designs on Thingiverse
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
Ultius / Tantillus Thingiverse Group
Attachments:
open | download - overview.jpg (249.5 KB)
open | download - 01-getting ready.JPG (138.8 KB)
open | download - assembled-01.jpg (381 KB)
open | download - assembled-02.jpg (337.1 KB)
Re: Created some Tantillus Compact Ultimaker Slider Adapters
March 16, 2016 02:31PM
Hi,

Nice to seeing some dev for that tantillus. Looking to make a second tantillus, for completing the printed case i have.

But before i start to make it. Can you said to me the total size of build area you have with your modding? I hope you will said to me that it's more that 100mm. Mine is exactly 101mm ans its just little too small.
March 16, 2016 04:15PM
Around 9x9cm much higher z though.

Don't think you will ever find more than 10x10 which is rhe original size.

My Instructables - both total newbie instructables and some for intermediate users.
YouTube channel containing a few 3D printing videos - they are videos for my Instructables, and mostly not standalone.
March 17, 2016 12:09PM
Those are neat mods. What's the advantage of the lead screw modification?
March 17, 2016 12:35PM
Martin_H
Those are neat mods. What's the advantage of the lead screw modification?
Depends a bit on compared to what? I have never used the original, as I'm not a fan of thread and knots in my printer.

Apart from the thread and knots thing the advantage is increased Z-height. A lot.
On the attached Photo you can see distance from bed (without glass) up to my hotend, which is E3D volcance, so very long, compared to J-head,... or just normal E3D. I still have 12cm grinning smiley THAT is the reason for my modification.. that and the added Mount-point for MAX-endstop - I use max-endstop as my homing point as filament isn't squished into the nozzle when homing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 08:35AM by dintid.

Attachments:
open | download - z-heigh.jpg (424.7 KB)
May 27, 2016 02:12AM
that's really useful , we can have compatible ultimaker carriage used in tantillus now! but the print volume is reduced , that's not good , I hope i can have a large tantillus (about 16cm*16cm*16cm) with compatible ultimaker xy carriage.
May 27, 2016 04:41AM
leonal
that's really useful , we can have compatible ultimaker carriage used in tantillus now! but the print volume is reduced , that's not good , I hope i can have a large tantillus (about 16cm*16cm*16cm) with compatible ultimaker xy carriage.
If you want to make it bigger, you might as well use the Ultimaker 2 Go design instead smiling smiley

June 05, 2016 03:07PM
What is the actual carriage you are using there? is it on thingiverse?

Thanks

Ben
June 05, 2016 03:09PM
plexer
What is the actual carriage you are using there? is it on thingiverse?

Thanks

Ben
There's a link to the carriage in the description of the sliders: [www.thingiverse.com]

June 05, 2016 03:18PM
Ahh ok I see I had checked out that link earlier and didn't fully realise.

Thanks for the heads up smiling smiley

I printed out a set of tantilus parts and laser cut a case around 2 years ago and have never built it but with your updated corners and sliders I am going to do it smiling smiley

Ben
June 06, 2016 12:18AM
Awesome smiling smiley
I have created a small Tantillus/Ultius group on thingiverse. Only like 10 members, but you can find all the parts I use there and ask other people making the same build smiling smiley
[www.thingiverse.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login