Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tantillus R(eborn)

Posted by toolson 
Tantillus R(eborn)
April 03, 2018 08:49AM

Lars - Blog, Thingiverse, Git

After successfully ignoring Google, FAQ's, the board search and leaving a undecipherable post in the wrong sub-forum don't expect an intelligent reply.
Re: Tantillus R(eborn)
April 04, 2018 03:52PM

After successfully ignoring Google, FAQ's, the board search and leaving a undecipherable post in the wrong sub-forum don't expect an intelligent reply.
April 08, 2018 02:28PM
really nice, do you have pictures of the printer ? there has been a lot of debates about acrylic...
April 08, 2018 02:55PM

5mm acrylic is flawless for such a so small sized printer

April 09, 2018 07:07PM
I'm not familiar with this design, did you made some changes over the old tantilus ? (hence the reborn name ?)
April 09, 2018 07:14PM
Its completly redesigned from scratch.

The old and original Tantillus from 2012 was our inspiration. To keep the name "Tantillus" is a tribute to sublime's great work.

April 09, 2018 07:16PM
It seems really nice... Will you share more about this project ? the goals/ideas behind this and some other pictures ?

I love compact and tidy 3d printers smiling smiley
May 18, 2018 03:43PM
All files are public now!

You will find them here: GITHUB

We wrote a full documentation too. At the moment its only available in german.

You will find it here: My Blog

Hope you like it!

May 18, 2018 07:13PM
Are there any pictures of an actual completed machine? All there appear to be are renders or individual parts.

Edit: Ah, one on the github.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 07:18PM by FA-MAS.
May 18, 2018 09:29PM
Post No. 4

May 19, 2018 04:53AM
This is a really nice machine from what i understand from my rusty german ^^ I'm wondering why you choose fishing line over belt ?
May 19, 2018 08:47AM
Archiclem
I'm wondering why you choose fishing line over belt ?

The elasticity of a braided spectra/dyneema fishing line is near 0. That commonly used cheap chinese GT2 scrap belts behave like a chewing gum.

Furthermore nearly every toothed belt creates polygonal errors. No teeth = no errors.

May 24, 2018 04:45PM

Deltadrucker, Tantillus Reborn by Toolson/Protoprinter, meine kommerzielle Webseite
May 28, 2018 03:21PM
Here a mersion made of clear acrylic:

Just some days after the release user @helijoy added his case mod to the project. Here a picture of his 6,5mm milled wood case:

Today i tried to lasercut 5mm MDF. Seems to work pretty well and is unbeliveable cheap in production. It is certainly advisable to protect it from environmental influences with oil or wax.

August 14, 2018 03:39PM
Hi! I'am in the process of make a tantillus R but don't know how to connect the 12v radial fans (The 2 of the sides) to the 24V electronics, need a step-down? this work with PWM?
August 14, 2018 04:11PM
Yes you need a step down, watch the BOM. Connect the Step down to 24V, adjust the Output to the needed Voltage. At the Output Side, connect +12 V to the Fan, ground of the Fan to your Board MOSFET D09 ground...PWM works great

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2018 04:12PM by Protoprinter.

Deltadrucker, Tantillus Reborn by Toolson/Protoprinter, meine kommerzielle Webseite
August 17, 2018 10:41AM
I almost finished, all axis moves and heat the hotend and bed, but can't make home, is like there are no sensors, I connect the hall effect sensors to X-,Y- and Z-, polarity and signal doble checked, but go to the end and try to continue! don't stop...

Any suggestion??confused smiley
August 17, 2018 10:43AM
Checked with M119? Motor direction/ homing direction correct? No other idea...

August 17, 2018 11:27AM
The polarity of the neodym magnets is very important too.

Always check endstops with M119 before testing with moving axes!

August 18, 2018 03:13AM
Many thanks!! my problem was the neodym polarity, I never discover this without your help!! now is (almost) printing smiling smiley
October 02, 2019 07:14AM
Hi, I love my Tantillus R and now I plan to install a raspberry pi zero w to control the printer, the frame have a holes to it but, how to wire to the MKS? is over USB? the usb is outside the printer and the raspberry is inside...
October 02, 2019 08:08AM
You can solder a USB cable to the back of the MKS.

We are very happy that you love your TR.

But a warning:
The Zero is not able to operate the TR via Octoprint. Because of its really suboptimal programming, Octoprint needs a bigger Pi.
It may work with Repetier Server, which is much more efficiently encoded.

October 02, 2019 08:11AM
You can use the Pi Zero for monitoring, starting an d stopping your prints running from SD Card. Change Eprom Values, etc...

October 26, 2019 06:12AM
Awesome machine! I love it. I'm currently rebuilding an original Prusa i3 MK2.5S with partially original and partially homebrew parts and rebuilding a cheap Delta with again completely random parts and an SKR v1.3.. If these projects fail I will make this Tantillus since I just started working in a maker-workshop on my old art academy and suddenly have free unlimited access to a huge CNC mill, a CO2 laser cutter and a whole room filled with 3D printers 'hehe'.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login